19.02.2018

Grunge It Up




Hi there and welcome to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This week we would like you to 

GRUNGE IT UP.

You can become a random winner of $50 voucher
and spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store for their fabulous products!


Oh what a fun I have had transforming this tiny piece of wood
into this grungy and very old effect of my imagination.
To be honest, that was my first time with any rusty product!
And the fun thing is that I loved that so there will be more soon.
Please take a look at the close-ups (a lot)!


All this started with this tiny woodden shadow boxes 
which my friend Jadzia brought for our usual craft meeting.
This little piece has only 10 x 10 cm. 


I started of course with covering it all with a thin layer of white gesso. 
I wanted to try the technique shared by Glenda Drake.
So I covered the whole box with several shades of paints and mists.
When all that was dry, I rubbed off some parts with sandpaper.
I colored those parts with Ground Epresso Distress Ink.
Then I covered the surface with Emboss It Dabber and dusted 
with Simon's Clear Embossing Powder. 
Before heating it up, I wiped off some of the powder.
After the powder has melted I rubbed the surface with the rusty paste 
which stayed only where there were not embossing coverage. 
Amazing technique although quite complicated with such a tiny box 
and all the recessed and parts hardly accesible. 
Anyway, I strongly recommend!
I will try it again for sure. 






Products list: