14.05.2018

Stencil It


Hi there again! 
Join us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with a great theme

STENCIL IT



As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it


My projects is quite mixed-media and textured, just the way I really like it.
Check the close-ups below and a description of the steps I took.


I decided to try Nuvo Mousse as a modeling paste cause I saw this technique someday on YT and since I have a big jar of it, I could affort it :-)
You can make it with any of the stencil you like, the mousse is quite rigid but with some drops of water it's more workable and th effect is really cool.
To get even more texture, I heated it until it bubbld, I really love to do that!
It seems I am still inspired by the last week's theme OMBRE and I colored the background with 2 tones of Distress Sprays: brown and yellow.


I also covered the background with a thin layer of white gesso to give it a softer look and stamped randomly with Distress Oxide using clear embossing powder.
Then I cut out Sizzix Layered Butterfly out of my background and gave it a colorful look using oxides as well. Finally smeared the same Nuvo Mousse all over the background and the butterfly and added some metal details. 







Products used: