1.07.2019

Background



Let's start the July with a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This week we're showcasing Paper Artsy products and the theme is 

MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND


As always you can be a random winner of $50 voucher
and spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store


I played with textures and lots of colors for my background
using all the Paper Artsy Infusions I have. 
The sentiment in Polish means: it's your day!


I started by applying Nuvo Expanding mousse through the SSS 
Triangle stencil and heating it up until it bubbled 
(I love the effect the mousse gives!)

To secure the surface I applied Opal Magic paint and then
played with Infusions mixing colors, adding water, heating up 
and repeating all the process until I was happy with the base. 

When all the layers dried I covered the surface with Picket Fence paint 
using a dry brush technique, repeating the ultra thin layers several times.

When I calmed down all the colors I started to stamp randomly
numbers and rulers from Stampers Anonymous sets,
I used Black Jet StazOn just to be sure the ink won't move. 


Having the background ready, I highlighted the edges with black 
and made up my focal point using a piece of a resin casting 
colored with Alcohol Pearl ink and Sizzix Large Stems 
colored with Distress Oxide Peeled Paint Spray. 

Then I added an orange - red Sizzix Tattered Butterfly
and covered the dies with Crackle Clear Rock Candy.

I added touches of several Art Alchemy waxes. 




Products used: