22.02.2016

Inspired By a Song - Simon Monday Challenge



Hi there! 
This is my second project for Simon Monday Challenge and I'm still thrilled!
Today's challenge is amazing and I love it: 
INSPIRED BY A SONG.
It means you can be creatively inspired by any song you love and show us your project. We can't wait to know what do you sing while taking a shower!


Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is one of my best songs ever!
This project is quite personal and absolutely inspired by the song.
I made it using the Pocket Watch Frame Die as a base.
I cut it out several times just to receive a shadow box.
All the layers were glued and trated by white gesso.
Then I applied the structural paste through Art Is template.
I love the hand writting of this stencil.
One side of the front element was covered by Crackled Texture Paste.
All the composition was sprayed with Vibrant Turquoise ink spray
and stamped with Carte Postale stamp by Tim Holtz. 
In the middle of the frame I put the great globe from You Mean the World to Me Die-Namics and embellished it with a circle from Stitched Circle.






As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving a $50 voucher to shop at the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store. Don't miss the chance to win it!




SUPPLIES:


 


Thank you for stopping by, see you soon!

16 komentarzy:

  1. Fabulous project Macarena! I LOVE the whole design of this! It makes me want to go and buy everything you used to make one! It's really AWESOME!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I love how you used the pocket watch die, Macarena! I would have never thought to use it in this way and I love the colors and crackle effect on your piece It's awesome! Cathie <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Beautiful Macarena. Love all the details. Congrats on the DT.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. This is such a beautiful creation, Macarena. Love the gorgeous colors and texture you created. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Love your project. One of my favorite songs as well.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Super clever creation!! Love the zoom shots to see the crackle effects :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Love these project! Wonderfuln use of Sizzix die and fantastic color choice! Absolutely brilliant!Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. love your pocket watch project Macarena...beautiful texture and detail...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Gorgeous project, Macarena! I love how you turned the die into a shadowbox, and the colors are so lovely. That crackle texture is amazing! Beautiful dragonfly adorning it.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. So pretty and creative. You did a fabulous job on it.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. What a fabulous project, Macarena! Love that it's sort of an album! Love the blue color with the with and black. Such a striking combo! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. A really striking project, Macarena and I love all the texture and details ~ it's fabulous! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is fabolous! Love the song and I am in LOVE with your project!
    Cardboard is one of my favorite surface so work with!
    Hugs Zoey

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. This is way cool! The cardboard is fabulous in this way!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. This is a really amazing piece! I love the color palette and how you cut out the pocket watch over and over to create the shadowbox effect. What a genius idea! And I love how the bold black plays with the shades of turquoise. This song is a powerful one for me, too, as it took me back to people I hung out with in college and how we would always sing this song with a guitar as we sat around a campfire. Thank you for creating such a treat for the eyes and for bringing back those happy memories for me!

    OdpowiedzUsuń