11.04.2016

April Showers Bring May Flowers - Simon Monday Challenge



Hello there! 
How nice it's Monday and we can invite you to join 

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

As always our greatest Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 voucher 
to shop at the amazing Simon Says Stamp Store



Ok, let's see what I'm coming with this week...
This is my first ever Art Journal made from an old book! 
It was a little bit tough work to prepare the book with all the removing pages, gluing one to another, letting them dry again and again, coveting with gesso, letting it dry again... Finally I did it and now it's the best part I deserved: make it live again with colors, patterns, embellishments! 
Oh Yeah!


My pages are very flourish today but in a quite different way.
All the flowers were cut out from the newest Salvage District paper collection. As the roses are all quite calm and dark grey, I gave them a little bit brightness with White Sharpie Pen


My background is composed with only 2 colors: Dusty Concord and Peacock Feathers distress inks. The inks blended perfectly over the old book pages covered with some Gesso layer. I sprayed the inks with water drops giving a nice wet look as if the April shower reached them. Then I stamped Scrollwork stamp partially and randomly just to give a soft touch. 


Finally I chose some words from Big Chat Stickers and arranged them as a main sentiment on both pages giving some touches of Gesso to soften the colors. 







15 komentarzy:

  1. Gorgeous art journalling Macarena and I love that you made your own book! the subtle colours and whole design of this is very beautiful :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Stunning dimension and texture!! Wow!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. I have also prepared a book for journaling and it is A LOT of work but I know you will enjoy working with it. I admire how you arranged this composition, it is original and very pleasing. I also like your colors--a beautiful couple!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. I really love all the dimension and texture you put on your journaling page. I love blue and purple together too, it's one of my favorite color combinations. Cathie

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. I really love all the dimension and texture you put on your journaling page. I love blue and purple together too, it's one of my favorite color combinations. Cathie

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Your journal pages are gorgeous, Macarena. Love the beautiful colors and texture. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Hi Marzena: This is beautiful! Those tumbling roses are so attractive, and the colors lend to the fresh spring theme. Congrats on giving new life to the book!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Macarena, this is beautiful! It's amazing how dimensional your flowers look with the white added!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Amazing pages! love the flowers and you color palette inspired me for the next challenge! Fantastic! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. These are such stunning pages, Macarena! The details are fantastic and I love all the texture and that beautiful soft colour palette is divine! Beautiful work... :) x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Wonderful art journal spread, Macarena! Love the color combo and the texture is amazing. Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Such a stunning page Macarena!!! Hugs xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is such a lovely piece! I adore the way you blended the colors in the background and how you mixed those gorgeous grays with beautiful pastels. This has such a fabulous romantic ethereal look and I adore how you've embraced the theme in such a clever way!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. This is so pretty! I love the soft muted colours and those pretty flowers, and of course the words.

    OdpowiedzUsuń