This is another Monday with Simon Says Stamp!
We have a great challenge for you as the Spring is in the air the theme is:
All you need to do is use a butterfly in your project ans share it with us!
As always there is a $50 voucher to win
and spend in the best Simon Says Stamp Store!
You definitely should join us...
Here comes my inspiration.
Since Spring is my fave time of the year and I love butterflies,
this challenge is absolutely like me.
I've prepared a step by step of my canvas hoping it helps you anyhow.
1. Die cut some Casual Trees in a heavy cardboard.
2. Tear some pieces of an old french book and adhere them to the canvas with Mod Podge. Then put the diecuts and treat with Mod Podge as well.
3. Cover all the surface with a thin layer of White Gesso taking care not to cover the book letters, let it dry.
4. Blend Distress Inks randomly on the surface, spritz with water touching the wet drops with a tissue to obtain the irregular colors.
5. Stamp the faux stitches arround the canvas with Archival Ink and put the Black Soot Distress Ink through the Organic Matter Mask randomly.
6. Outline the edges of diecuts with Black Chameleon Pen.
7. Cut out Butterflies from a watercolor paper, stamp them randomly, color with Distress Inks and outline the edges with Black Soot Ink.
9. Cover the letters with Crackled Texture Paste and let them dry.
After that put the same natural Distress colors as for the background.