17.07.2017

Salvaged Boat




It's time for a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
This week we want to challenge you to 
GET IN SHAPE
Which means we skip flat, square and rectangle projects and
spread our wings searching shapes, 3D projects, boxes, etc. 

As always you could be a winner of a $50 voucher and spend it
in the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


I was thinking several days of what shapy I could make and my first idea 
was an exploding box but then a boat crossed my mind 
and I decided to challenge myself and make it for the first time. 
Since I just LOVE all the nautical projects, nothing could stop me :-)
Below the main picture you will see a step by step photos. Enjoy!


A year ago I brought this kind of sticks from my seaside holidays.
I knew they will be used for something one day. 
So I took three of them that I considered as a good shaped for a boat.
I painted them with White Gesso and Picket Fence Paint very slightly.
I only wanted to brighten them a little bit but not to cover them.  


I cut two pieces of sails from White Primed Canvas 
and made holes in the corners for the twine. 
I touched the Mosaic Stencil with 3 colors of Distress Inks 
and sprayed with water. I placed the wet stencil on each of the pieces 
and dried with a towel taking off the excesive moisture. 
Finally I decided to stamp a faux stitches instead of real stitching.


I took a piece of White Felt and cut out a number, colored it with the same Distress Inks and placed on the sail. 


Finally I added some sequins and passed twine through each hole. 
The last step was to glue all the pieces with a heat gun. 
I placed a name of my boat from Quote Chips and colored with Salty Ocean.  







 

15 komentarzy:

  1. I really admire this so much. Love the simplicity and whimsy. The blues and grays and a perfect pattern for the sails--this is a keepsake!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. To say this is awesome is an understatement, Macarena! I love how you put this together and the beautiful designs and colors of the sails are perfect. This is so fun and clever and I love it!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. LOVE this Macarena! the little sailing boat is absolutely GORGEOUS!! what brilliant recycling! the sails are fabulous too, I thought that stitching was real! so realistic! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Stunning boat art, Macarena! I LOVE the way you created the sails! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Kapitalne! Genialna myśl,świetna praca :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. love, love, love this boat Macarena!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. OMG, such cute home decor (or desk, or even could hang in a car, depending on the size!) I knew from the past you love nautical projects-- this could only have been made by someone who was into it... thumbs up!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I LOVE THIS!! So cool how you used the drift wood to create the boat, and it will have special memories too. Gorgeous sails with that stencil and those blues, Macarena! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Wow...just wow...This is brilliant!!! I love this rustic boat, you did an outstanding job, Macarena...Hugs xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Wow... this is such a fantastic artwork, Macarena. Love your brilliant design! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. what an amazing project Macarena...you created a beautiful sailboat...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. What an awesome project....this is amazing Marzena! Totally unique design and so beautiful ~ I love it! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is hands down one of my favorite project of this week's theme!! WOW|!!!!!!!!! Well done Marzena, it is perfect in every little way.!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. This project is abasolutely incredible! love the way you built your sailing boat, I adore colors you used and the stencil is perfect! So original!

    OdpowiedzUsuń