15.01.2018

Birds Of A Feather



Here we come with another Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
This week it's BIRDS OF A FEATHER theme.


I skipped the birds and focused on feathers, what will you make?
Can't wait to see your projects this week.

As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it at SSS Store!


I made an Art Journal pages and kept them in a calm greys with 
a colorful feathers inside just to make a contrast.


I took two pages of a heavy watercolor paper and die-cut 
the Sizzix Feather Duo die in both of them. 
Left the feathers apart and focused on my background. 
I mixed the modelling paste with a bit of Prima Sparks Raven Black paint 
to get a glitter grey. I passed it throught the TH Tiles stencil on my edges.
 I heated it until it starts to bubble a bit. 
You know me - the more uneven texture the better :-) 
I covered the pages with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink 
and Tumbled Glass Stain, added a bit of Wilted Violet Distress Oxide too 
and smeared all together with a bit of water. 


Then I embossed the feathers and started to play with all the colors of
Distress Oxides kixing them and applying layers of colors. 
Finally when the feathers were totally crazy with colors, I covered them 
with a thin layer of White Linen Dylusions paint and gave a pearl touch 
with Martha Steward Mother of Pearl paint. 


I stamped the edges with Jofy Mini 46 stamp and a bit of random stamping
around the feathers just to showcase them even more. 
Below there are some close ups. 







Products used: