26.02.2018

In My Garden


IN MY GARDEN 

is where we'll be this week with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.


As always there is a $50 voucher waiting for one random winner 
who could spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store


My today's project is a debut of Etcetera tag, the small one which is still absolutely huge and I really loved to work on this stable big surface.
It works so good as a home decor to be standing on the shelf. 
Since the Spring is my favorite season, I really can not wait for the gardens
waking up to life again so I made a very springy but pastel scene.
Below you can see some pics of how I made it and some close-ups, too. 



First I placed some scraps of corrugated paper using gel medium and then 
I covered it all with white gesso, added randomly modeling paste 
and crackle paste to give some more texture. 


Then I started to give colors to my tag. 
There are 3 levels of color: blue on the top, yellow in the middle 
and a green/grey on the bottom. I used only 3 colors of infusions 
which reacted perfectly with water and blended as I wished. 
To get some more pastel look, I covered it all with a dry brush technique 
white gesso which highlighted all the textures and crackles. 
Finally I touched the upper parts with Nuvo Mousse to get some light shine.


Here you can see the first layer of gesso before the pastes 
and then after coloring with infusions with pastes below. 


As my background was done, I started to work on flowers and butterflies.
I found a piece of a cardboard with quite a glossy finish and tried to check 
the technique I saw on Tim's CHA vide of coloring with Oxides 
and then smearing with the Micro Glaze which highlights the color layers.
Done with the colors, I die-cut flowers and butterflies and applied Emboss It Dabber and clear embossing powder to give the colors even more vibrancy.
I love the effect when the pieces look like made of plastic or even glass. 


Now for some close-ups of the work finished:









Products list: