4.03.2019

Rusting In The Rain




Good morning everyone! I hope you have a nice weather.
This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is all about

WHATEVER THE WEATHER

and we are showcasing amazing TIM HOLTZ products.
I am sure everyone has something Tim Holtz branded, right?



As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it
at Simon Says Stamp Store. Just share your work with us!


I made a funny rusty scene using a lot of Tim's products.
Let's see how I did it and look at some close ups. 


Cover the tag with white gesso and give texture with a modeling paste.
Play with colors making a gradient look. I used blue shades of acrylic paints.
After the paint is dry, cover the surface with white gesso or white paint 
using a dry brush technique which will make the texture pop up.


Cover the elements you need to be rusted with sand and grit pastes.
Apply the rust paste over it. Give a soft touch of gold/silver. 
I made the leaky umbrella using the globe die :-)
The rain drops are made by cutting in half several art stones.  




Products used:




My poor rusty robot goes slowly to join the challenges:

Celebrate the journey - Happy Birthday AVJ
Letters and/or Numbers at Country View Challenges
Mixed Media Metal w Art Piaskownicy
February Challenge at Mixed Media Place