25.02.2019

Past Times


Hello and welcome to the newest challenge.
This week we move back to the VINTAGE/PAST TIMES.



As always you can be a random winner of $50 voucher
and spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store


When I think of past times, I see lots of shabby chic scenes. 
This kind of style seems to be my favorite for last weeks
and I use a lot of the dry brush technique to give a final touches.
Here is my shabby chic panel made as my craft room decor.  


As always I had quite different vision for this tag and I started with
adhering pieces of old book pages, covering the surface with grey
acrylic paint, giving a thin layer of white gesso (all invisible now, lol).


Having this done, I applied my lovely Nuvo Expanding Mousse
through my fave SSS Extra Large Dots Stencil and heated it up.
Love the texture got with the expanding mousses. 


Then I applied some texture and crackle paste randomly.
After that I colored the surface with Distress Oxide blue and grey inks.
Finally I stamped and embossed in white the Tim Hiltz Grunge Scroll. 
At the end I just gave several extra thin layers of white gesso 
placing it with a really dry brush. It takes some time and patience.


Since the color of the Baseboard Frame didn't match my vision
I painted the fame with white gesso and stamped and embossed
the same scroll stamp all over the frame and I really loved the result. 


Then I cut and colored the Sizzix Wildflower Stems 2 and the rest
of my embellishments. All of them was covered with a thin layer
of white gesso which is my closest friend :P


Products used: