14.03.2016

Lucky Stars - Simon Monday Challenge




Is that another Monday? I guess so! 
I like Mondays thanks to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges!

Here we come with a new one named LUCKY STARS.

It's St Patric's Day on the 17th of March and for this challenge we are hoping for some of the luck of the Irish and adding some lucky stars to your creations!

As always Simon Says Stamp is giving away $50 voucher to shop at the greatest Simon Says Stampp Store!


Here below are some pictures of my project which is an altered wine wooden box made for the 8th Birthday of my School of Dance Adelante!
The colors and stars are those from the School's logo. 



First I covered all the box with white gesso and dried it with the heating tool.
Than I put some Bubble Gum paint randomly in the outside 
and covering whole walls of the inside. 
After that I made some patterns with stencils and paste
In some parts I put the coarse texture paste just to give a dimension 
and irregular background. 
After the paste was dry, I started to cover randomly the box with  fucsia and purple water paints mixing them with water and drying with the heat tool. 
Finally I cut out some stars and put them in the front and both sides.
The last step was to stamp out the sentiment and embossed it with white powder.






16 komentarzy:

  1. what a fabulous box! I love the bright pink and all of the textures and details, it really matches the logo perfectly and I am sure it will be the star gift of the evening! :-)

    Adelante

    Adelante

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Pretty creation, Macarena! I love the bubblegum pink color :D

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. This is a great way to alter a box Macarena...I love the bright colors but most of all I love that Italian wine! LMAO!!! just kidding , your creation is stunning!
    hugs zoey

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Love all of that pink! Very nice touch to adjust the texture-- it looks like an old building that's been painted bright-- I love that juxtaposition.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. This is such a cool gift! I want someone to make one for me now :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. what a beautiful box Macarena to celebrate such a happy occasion...love the beautiful colours and gorgeous texture...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. what a beautiful box Macarena to celebrate such a happy occasion...love the beautiful colours and gorgeous texture...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Such a wonderful box, Macarena! Love the bright pink color! Great idea to spruce up the gift box! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Macarena, you have made a beautiful gift box! Love how you altered it!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. An Italian wine is always a good idea! I love Nero d'Avola , it's one of my faves wine! Absolutely gorgeous project, a beautiful way to alter a box! Bright pink is fantastic! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. An Italian wine is always a good idea! I love Nero d'Avola , it's one of my faves wine! Absolutely gorgeous project, a beautiful way to alter a box! Bright pink is fantastic! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This is so pretty, Marcarena! I love the bright colors and how cheery it is. What a great way to use an empty box. Cathie <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is so pretty, Marcarena! I love the bright colors and how cheery it is. What a great way to use an empty box. Cathie <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Love your beautiful creation, Marcarena. The color scheme is so gorgeous. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. What a gorgeous box and perfect for the occasion! Your decoration is just fabulous and I adore the bright colours you've chosen to use to create such a wonderful gift! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. This box is stunning! I love the bright color palette and how you used so many different tones of pink. I also like the texture you added and how much detail you put into this. Definitely the nicest wine-box re-do I've ever seen! Way to go, girl!

    OdpowiedzUsuń