21.03.2016

Food and Drink - Simon Monday Challenge



Hi everyone! 
I know you're waiting impatiently for this new challenge 
and here we are with a fresh topic which is:

FOOD and DRINK


As always there is a $50 voucher sponsored by the greatest Simon Says Stamp which you could use for crazy shopping at Simon Says Stamp Store!



Here is what I have made this week. 
This is my first time altering the egg tray but I absolutely loved it.
There is a chance I'll repeat it someday...
This would be my centerpiece for the upcoming Easter Hollidays.
I decided to use only three pastel and Spring colors for every element.
Here below there is a picture of the steps I made:


1. The whole tray was covered with white gesso, not too precisely because I wanted the surface to be irregular and some parts of the tray were left uncovered. After that I put some coarse texture paste randomly and dried it.
2. I put different pieces of textiles, gauze, twine, cotton tape, coconut fibre and glued them to the tray. 
3-4. I started to blending distress inks (yellow, green and violet) randomly and spraying with water to let them spill naturally and obtain different shades of colors. This was the best part of the work!

After my tray was ready to be embellished, I stamped lots of Artful Flowers and some Crazy Birds with Jet Black ink on the Canson Watercolor paper pad. 
Cut them all out and started to coloring using the Blending Tool 
and Reflills one per each color. After all the flowers and birds were colored, I sprayed them a little bit with water letting the colors mix together and also to receive some clearer dots on the inked elements. I also covered the small eggs with the same colors of distress inks. I glues all the elements with 3D foam squares. That's it! 








     


Supplies:



Thank you for stopping by.
See you next week!

18 komentarzy:

  1. So so creative! Geez, you are blowing me away! This is such a unique project!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Oh WOW!! this is totally amazing Macarena! LOVE it :-) what a fabulous table decoration! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. What an awesome use for the egg crate! I love the yellows and purples you chose, Macerena! This is such a fun centerpiece with the birds and flowers and eggs!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. What a great idea to create inside your egg carton! This is gorgeous!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. This is totally adorable! Love the colors and those birds! Awesome!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. This is a perfect decoration for the holiday and it looks wonderful. I like the colors you chose and think this is a very original idea. Happy Easter.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. This is a perfect decoration for the holiday and it looks wonderful. I like the colors you chose and think this is a very original idea. Happy Easter.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love this recycle work! Crazy birds and flowers are so beautiful and delicate! great project! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Love this recycle work! Crazy birds and flowers are so beautiful and delicate! great project! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. This is so creative and I love the colors you chose! Who would have thought an empty egg carton could turn out so adorable and make such a great centerpiece. Love it! Cathie <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. This is so creative and I love the colors you chose! Who would have thought an empty egg carton could turn out so adorable and make such a great centerpiece. Love it! Cathie <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. wow your project is amazing Macarena...i love everything about it...the gorgeous soft spring colour palette and so much detail...cute crazy birds and beautiful flowers...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This project is so much fun, Macarena. I love the beautiful flower embellishments and the pretty color scheme you used. Great inspiration! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. This is absolutely genius! This makes me never ever want to throw an egg carton away again! How lucky that your egg carton made it into your hands and was transformed into a true work of art. I adore all the yarn and fibers you added to give it that nest-like feel. It is stunning!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. I love the colour palette you've used on this fun project, it's just perfect for spring and for Easter and there is so much wonderful detail ~ a feast for the eyes! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. This is so cool, Macarena! Love that you've altered the packaging of eggs. The colors are so soft and pretty! Wonderful! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. This is so fun! i never thought of upcyicling eggs containter! So smart!!! Hugs

    OdpowiedzUsuń