10.04.2017

HIP HOP


Oh how I love Mondays thanks to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges!
I hope you are waiting as impatiently as I do to see what the DT has created.



This week we thought HIP HOP theme would be funny!

Don't forget you can be a winner of $50 and spend it in SSS Store!


Since I am no too much into Hip Hop kind of music 
I went for just a music themed card using a very old music notes
I received from my colleague Jadzia (thank you) and I am sure I will
use them more and more cause the pages are very old, 
yellow-brown distressed by only time. 
 

Before I used the music page, I made my very soft background 
with the Modern Mosaic background stamp which I heat embossed 
with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and then I sprayed it lightly 
with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays - pink and brown 
and finally stamped with Prima stamp and distressed the edges. 


Then I started to play with music notes. 
I glued the page to a solid cardboard and die-cut the Layered Butterfly.
I applied a thin layer of Transparent Gesso and let it dry.


To get the different colors and shades on my buterfly's wings 
I used different Infusions and when I was happy with the result, 
I slightly touched them with Prima Opal Magic Paint and Nuvo Mousse!
Can you see this kind of frozen effect given by mousses? I love it. 


Finally I played with my only Distress Oxide I have at the moment
making layers of shades of brown controlling them by adding water.
I outlined the edges of my musi panel with Distress Crayons.
Finally I glued it to the background and placed the sentiment. 
I hope you liked my music card cause I am pretty happy withh the result :-)

    


Products used: