19.09.2016

Inspired by Music - SSS Monday Challenge




INSPIRED BY MUSIC 

This is a new challenge at SSS Monday Challenge.
The possibilities are absolutely endless!

As always there is a $50 voucher to win and spend at the greatest 
Simon Says Stamp Store! Join us asap!


To be honest, I wasn't thinking too much about the song which inspires me. 
One of the most emotional songs ever for me is Purple Rain by Prince
I love him always and forever and this challenge is dedicated to this great song!



Another pages in my Art Journal. 
It was a lot of fun totally out of my comfort zone.
I was playing with the strongest Dylusions Paint colors ever! 


This is how the pages looked like in the beginning. 


Then after smoothing them with first layer of White Paint.


Then I played with Extra Large Dots stencil by Simon Says Stamp 
and the Woodgrain Stencil by Echo Park. 



Then I covered the stenciled parts with Opal Magic Paint 
and played with Distress Crayons over the dots 
and colored with Black Soot Crayon my main sentiment. 


Finally I gave some white drops with Picket Fence Spray 
and stamped randomly Vintage Vanity text by Prima. 


Supplies:



  

11 komentarzy:

  1. Gorgeous mix of purples, Macarena! Simple yet makes a very strong statement. hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. So striking, Macarena ... and with such delicious dimension and depth ... love those saturated, rich colours! Anita :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Oh I will always love this song!! So good!! This piece is so beautiful love the shading and texture and variation! Very nice!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. This is amazing, Macarena! Such a beautiful tribute and so vibrant. There's an air of mystery to your piece which I think captures Prince perfectly. I will forever be sad he is no longer with us. Such an amazing talent. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Awesome-- i can just hear the sing while looking at your layout💧💧💧

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. love the vibrant colours and the effect of the woodgrain stencil...beautiful tribute to a great song...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Stunning way to remember an incredible artist! love your pages and love this song! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Prince is one of my favourite artists too and this is such a wonderful tribute to such a talented artist...gorgeous background Marzena and perfect representation of the song! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Wow... the colors on these pages are amazing, Macarena. Love your gorgeous creation! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. What a fantastic tribute to Prince! I love the way you worked the light back into the dark purples. It has so much depth and interesting texture. It was totally inspiring and I love everything about it!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Gorgeous page, and tribute, Marzena! Love the deep colors, so fabulous! Stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń