20.06.2016

Patterned Papers - Simon Monday Challenge





I really love Monday just because I can invite you to join the brand new 
This week we'd like to see some PATTERNED PAPERS!

As always thre is a great $50 voucher to win and spend at 

My project is so far away from my comfort zone!
But... I love to trying new things and crossing the border of my zone. 
There is a lot of splashing, colors mixed together, layers of colors, lol!

The whole piece is done on the Paintables Watercolor paper from the Salvage District collection. Great thick paper which works with mixed medias perfectly. First I inked it with some Distress Inks, sprayed with water to get some irregular coloring and drops of water left. After that I put some white and black marks with two different sizes of jar taps. The marks were made with Dylusions Paints. Then I add some Distress Crayons into the circles and a White Sharpie touches. Lastly I sprayed the background with Dylusions Sprays
For my focal point which is a giant butterfly (thanks Sandra!) I used only one color of Dylusions Spray to make a contrast with the colorful background. The same with letters (thanks Sandra!). 





Supplies:



15 komentarzy:

  1. Gorgeous work of art Macarena! the colours and background are awesome and I love the butterfly, so pretty! I think this definitely deserves to be framed!!
    It might have been out of your comfort zone but I would never have thought that, you totally nailed it! :-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Wow, this is amazing, Macarena! I would have never guessed this was out of your comfort zone. The background you created is absolutely gorgeous!!! The layers of color are amazing and showcase that butterfly beautifully. Beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Wow, this is amazing, Macarena! I would have never guessed this was out of your comfort zone. The background you created is absolutely gorgeous!!! The layers of color are amazing and showcase that butterfly beautifully. Beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Oh, Macarena, this is so beautifully done! The paper you painted is just gorgeous, and love all the layers, topped with the pretty butterfly! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Stunning! I am so far from mixed media, you make it look effortless! I would love to see a video!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Wow! I know you said that this was way out of your comfort zone, but that just means that you are REALLY good at things out of your comfort zone, too! It looks incredible! I thought that background was so full of amazing details and I love how the letters are going all different directions and how you highlighted some of the letters in white. This really shows off your skills at creating texture and layers!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. LOVE how you made the butterfly YELLOW!! It POPS beautifully!!



    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. It's always fun to travel outside your comfort zone, and this trip was well worth it! Love the bold colours and strong graphics of the background - and that butterfly is fabulous!
    Alison x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. This is such a gorgeous piece, Macarena. I love the beautiful colors and the pretty butterfly you created. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. amazing beautiful stunning...not enough words to describe this gorgeous project...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. amazing beautiful stunning...not enough words to describe this gorgeous project...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Gorgeous work as always! love the butterfly and your personal color palette with these shades of purple and turquoise is stunning! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. I just love everything about this Marzena...it's so beautiful and there is so much detail! You would never have know you were out of your comfort zone as you have done an amazing job and created a wonderful piece of art! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Gorgeous project, Marzena! Love the big butterfly and the letters of course ;). Love all the pretty colors and the depth you've created! Amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń