13.06.2016

World Traveler - Simon Monday Challenge




What a great theme today on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

WORLD TRAVELER

As always there is a $50 voucher to spend in Simon Says Stamp Store!


I can't wait to see your creations which could be everything: your travel memories, journyes, places, albums, etc. 
I've been planning to make a world map canvas for some time and this theme was just perfect so I did it :-)


Here are some first steps I did to make this canvas... 
After that I completely forgot to make pictures of another steps :-) 
That's the best proof it involved me absolutely...


1. Take kid's school atlas and draw the map with a watercolor pencil.


2. Fill the continents with Distress Inks mixed with water.


3. Splash the background with colorful Dylusions Sprays.
(since I wasn't too happy with the background which seemed too colorful so I covered it with a layer of white gesso)


Then I was just stamping with Distress Hickory Smoke and some of the details with Archival Black Jet as well. I used a Mini Tiny Circles stencil with Distress Vintage Photo Ink


I love rub-ons so I put a biggest one I have as a focal point of my canvas. 
There are other smaller sentiments on every continent and some random places.
The Idea-ology metal sentiment finishes the title of my project. 


I really like and use often the circles made with a top of a bottle, jar etc.


Finally I gave some touch of Prima Shine On Rub On Foil (thanks Sandra!)


I hope my canvas inspires you to make your own project and share it with us!




Supplies:




12 komentarzy:

  1. The close up of your background is amazing! I love how you softened everything with gesso. That's something I've always been afraid to try. Beautiful page, Macarena!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Oh my goodness this is awesome! I love that you made your own map! LOVE it :-) A great take on the theme! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. So brilliant - I love your world map - those shaded browns look amazing and I love how you've used the rub-ons - very cool!
    Alison x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Stunning art!! Love the texture!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. I love it how you created your own map !!! fantastic idea! Neutral is a beautiful choice, love your canvas! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. I love it how you created your own map !!! fantastic idea! Neutral is a beautiful choice, love your canvas! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. beautiful canvas Macarena...love the soft neutral colours...clever girl creating the world map...I too am a fan of using bottlecaps...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Ha, ha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets distracted and forgets to take pictures as I'm making something! But I loved seeing your process here and thought it was such a clever interpretation of a world map. I like that you thought outside of the box and made something so original.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. This is such a cool map, Macarena! I love how you kept your colors really simple with the browns and whites.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. This is such a fabulous canvas, Macarena. Love the beautiful background colors you created. Great design! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. How fabulous that you drew the world from an atlas, Marzena! Love the gorgeous brown tones and it's perfect with the shine of the foils! Such a gorgeous project! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This is amazing Marzena and I love how you've drawn your own map...that's so clever and simply stunning! Wonderful project... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń