05.12.2016

Christmas Gifts


If it's Monday it's time for the new SSS Monday Challenge!
This week we are showcasing the Simon Says Stamp products 
and as we are all in a Xmas mood already so the challenge is about

Christmas Gifts



As always you can be a lucky winner of a $50 voucher 
and spend it at the greatest and fabulous SSS Store!


After thinking it over and over again 
I chose to make a trio of boxes for tea lights.
The things are quite small and have 7x7 cm each.


Here below you can find a step by step tutorial of how I made them:



I cut and trimmed the cardstock to be a bit bigger than the tealight 
wich measure 6 cm and its high is 2 cm so I trimmed the base at 
7 cm and 2,5 cm and cut out a circle with SSS Stitched Circle Die


As I wanted the boxes to be a bit vintage I used the Authentic Vintage Paper from Simon Says Stamp which is so cool having each page completely 
diferent and really old. I teared the pages into pieces and adhere them 
randomly using Mod Podge. When it was dry I made some dots 
using Extra Large Dots Stencil by Simon Says Stamp - my absolutely favorite!  


I blended two colors of Distress Paints: Antique Linen and Ground Espresso.
Then I gave a bit of life adding colors: green, orange and red.


When the base was drying, I took the Stacked Stars Die by SSS (thanks, Sandra!)  and inked them with Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Ink Pads
Having the ink still wet I dusted the die-cut with Clear Embossing Powder 
by SSS and heated till it melted. The effect is perfectly glossy 
and make the colors much more vibrant and strong. 


Just take a look at this pretty colorful stars! 
I just cutted and adhered them to the base, no more :-)
Finally I cut out Christmas trees from the Wool White Felt Sheet by SSS
inked them with Distress Inks, touched with white acrylic paint 
and adhered the stars. 









     


Products from SSS Store:





10 komentarzy:

  1. Stunning boxes! I love how you decorated them :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Awesome idea, Macarena!! I adore your little gift boxes, they are so festive and chock full of wonderful detail and layers. Love how you tie them up with the twine! maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. wow what a gorgeous trio of tealight holders...thanks for the great tip on colouring the felt with Distress Inks...enjoy your weekend xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Love your tealight holders! LOve the texture and it is such an awesome gift idea! xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Wow... this is such a beautiful and awesome gift idea! Macarena. Love all the fabulous details and embellishments. Great design! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. I always love your work and your artistic style, but this trio of boxes really made stare in awe! They are so beautiful, but also have such a funky fun vibe to them. I really like the concept of candle holders and these are the sassiest coolest candle holder boxes I've ever seen! Way to go on these!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. These are fantastic Marzena ~ something really different and I love such a wonderful idea! I love them... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I adore these candle holders! It's a wonderful idea to create a mini box to contain the little candles! Love the unusal colors for Christmas!Great work! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Oh wow, Marzena! These are fabulous! Love that you made 3 of them and made them all matchy in different colors! Stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń