11.09.2017

It's In The Stars



Are you ready for the new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge?
This is a cosmic challenge and totally out of this world called

IT'S IN THE STARS



Do you remember about our STAMPtember month long party?
Today we release a brand fresh collaboration with great Tim Holtz.
Just take a look at what he prepared to surprise you!


Do not think twice and run to the store to order that set before it's gone!


As always there is a $50 voucher waiting for one random winner 
who could spend it in the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


I have taken the challenge theme quite literally 
and focused myself on the stars, galaxies, night sky, planets.
I was inspired as well by the totally solar eclipse which was in August.
That was a spectacular view and can't wait to see the next one!
I only saw it on NASA web live but remember we have had the same
experience some 6-7 years ago in Poland and that was amazing. 


So my card is a galactic view of a night sky full of stars 
(I love this song of Coldplay too, lol!) 
I absolutely forgot to take pictures of my process this time.

Basically the background is made using Distress Oxide Inks 
mixing blues, violets and black. Then I sprayed all the surface with 
a shimmer silver Lindy's Stamp Gang spray and splashed with 
White Linen Dylusions Paint making remote stars. 
I also adhered small stars cut out from SSS Stacked Stars die
and plased some clear sequins to give more shine. 


When the background was ready I took some circles left from 
SSS Ring Frame and inked them with blue and purple Distress Oxides. 
I inked one of their sides with black ink and sprayed with water. 

Then I started to fold the Sizzix Dimensional Stars for the first time
and I must say I hoped it would be easier! I need to practice more!
I sprayed the stars with the same silver spray by Lindy's 
and placed with some 3D dots to give a dimensional look. 



Products used:



 

14 komentarzy:

  1. Gorgeous card Macarena :-) the whole galaxy is fabulous! I love how you did the background and the 3D stars and planets are amazing!! I would frame this!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. This is stunning, Macarena! I love, love, love your background and the use of the stars with circles. It's gorgeous!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Beautiful! You did make the background look like a distant galaxy.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Awwwww! What a sweet and precious sentiment! I love this and it made me happy to look at. I am amazed with how you use color to create so much depth. I consider you a true artist and this piece is a beauty!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Gorgeous card, love your night sky, Cathy x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. That background is spectacular, Marzena...you've really captured the feel of the galaxy with the stars and planets shining brightly in the sky! I love it... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Beautiful card Macarena! I love how you created the background with all the distant stars. And the planets are shaded in such a great way to make them look three dimensional.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Amazing project! Stars you added are fantastic and I love so much the way you painted the circles, they look 3D embellishments, fab! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. wow what a beautiful card Macrena...those stars look amazing against your galaxy background..hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Love love love this stunning creation, Macarena. The background colors and texture you made are gorgeous. Those dimensional stars are fantastic! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Simply beautiful!!! love everything about this card Macarena!! From the background to how you arranged the stars! 10+!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This is so cool, Marzena! Love the galaxy look! The stars look amazing, but I'm in love with the planets! The colors are so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. Gorgeous galactic card, Macarena! I love your beautiful splashy background and the stars and planets look amazing! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń