11.09.2017

It's In The Stars



Are you ready for the new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge?
This is a cosmic challenge and totally out of this world called

IT'S IN THE STARS



Do you remember about our STAMPtember month long party?
Today we release a brand fresh collaboration with great Tim Holtz.
Just take a look at what he prepared to surprise you!


Do not think twice and run to the store to order that set before it's gone!


As always there is a $50 voucher waiting for one random winner 
who could spend it in the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


I have taken the challenge theme quite literally 
and focused myself on the stars, galaxies, night sky, planets.
I was inspired as well by the totally solar eclipse which was in August.
That was a spectacular view and can't wait to see the next one!
I only saw it on NASA web live but remember we have had the same
experience some 6-7 years ago in Poland and that was amazing. 


So my card is a galactic view of a night sky full of stars 
(I love this song of Coldplay too, lol!) 
I absolutely forgot to take pictures of my process this time.

Basically the background is made using Distress Oxide Inks 
mixing blues, violets and black. Then I sprayed all the surface with 
a shimmer silver Lindy's Stamp Gang spray and splashed with 
White Linen Dylusions Paint making remote stars. 
I also adhered small stars cut out from SSS Stacked Stars die
and plased some clear sequins to give more shine. 


When the background was ready I took some circles left from 
SSS Ring Frame and inked them with blue and purple Distress Oxides. 
I inked one of their sides with black ink and sprayed with water. 

Then I started to fold the Sizzix Dimensional Stars for the first time
and I must say I hoped it would be easier! I need to practice more!
I sprayed the stars with the same silver spray by Lindy's 
and placed with some 3D dots to give a dimensional look. 



Products used: