18.07.2016

Nautical/By the Sea - Simon Monday Challenge


Hi there all who are waiting for a new 


 NAUTICAL/BY THE SEA 

Oh yes! It's summertime! 
And there is a $50 voucher to win and spend 
at Simon Says Stamp Store! Don't wait and join us!


This week I made a summer panel with all the underwater creatures using the amazing Nautical Blueprints by Tim Holtz (thank you Lorraine!)
After trimming and folding the panel, I covered it with a layer of gesso and treated with Distress Inks melted with water and Distress SprayStain. I put some natural color twine under the images just to give kind of freestyle windy look. 


I fell in love with Blueprints stamps (thanks again, Lols!) and watercoloring them. They are just perfect for that! I wanted to keep the whole project into sea and sand colors. I used blue and turquoise for outer images and yellow and brown for inner ones. There are grey and black touches to make some kind of shadow as well. 








16 komentarzy:

  1. Gorgeous panel Macarena! I love how you used all of the shell images, the colours and whole design is absolutely fabulous!! :-)

    and it was my pleasure to send them ;-) XX

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I can smell the fresh sea air from here!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Cudowny parawanik! Zachwycam się wciąż na nowo.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Stunning work! Your coloring is perfection!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. This is gorgeous, Macarena! Your coloring is amazing on those blueprint sketches and I love the background you created on the panels. Beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Macarena................. I'm in awe! I adore this project! Fabulous fabulous fabulous! love the colors and your coloring is totally amazing! fantastic! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. beautiful colour choice for the nautical theme Macarena and great colour work...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. beautiful colour choice for the nautical theme Macarena and great colour work...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. This is so pretty, Marzena! Amazing coloring and love the color scheme you've chosen! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. I love what you've done here! The colors are so reminiscent of the beach and I love how you incorporated so many iconic nautical images! This made me want to run and hang out on my closest beach...which is hard since I live in a desert! I can still dream, though!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. I love what you've done here! The colors are so reminiscent of the beach and I love how you incorporated so many iconic nautical images! This made me want to run and hang out on my closest beach...which is hard since I live in a desert! I can still dream, though!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. You absolutely have the sea and sand down with this wonderful little project! Love your use of color and how you turned it into the folded panel, Macarena! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is stunning Marzena...beautiful colours and amazing texture, that makes me want to reach into the screen to touch! Stunning work, as always! Hugs <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń