11.07.2016

Flora and Fauna - Simon Monday Challenge



What a great theme we have for you today
at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:

FLORA and FAUNA.


I guess we all just love flowers, trees, leaves, birds, butterflies, dragonflies, pets and much more while we create. I really do so the challenge is just perfect! 
Don't think it twice and join us this week since there is another $50 voucher to win this week and spend it over at Simon Says Stamp Store


My project is a cork very mini album with some positive thoughts I need to remember and repeat myself constantly!
 I don't know how many years the album was laying in one of my drawers until today when I decided to give it second life.
I really like the result cause it turned out exactly the way I have imagined. 
The piece is really small measuring 7x10 cm and having only 4 pages :-) 


First I covered all the pages with White Gesso just to smoothen the dark cork color and give it more delicate look and to have a better base for mixed media. 
I covered them very randomly and unevenly trying not to cover the cork completely. Then I applied White Texture Paste through my fave two stencils: Mini Circles and Mini Well Rouned. After that I sprayed lightly with water and applied very small quantity of Magical Powder Merry-go-Round Green. After drying it I stamped all the edges with Stitches Stamp giving every page some kind of frame. After that I treated the Widflowers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The best part was to play with Rubs by Tim Holtz - I'm in love with them! 
There are a lot of close ups, sorry! 











 


13 komentarzy:

  1. ooh, this is absolutely gorgeous Macarena! the little peep holes in the front are a very clever touch and the details on all of the pages are fabulous, I have spent ages admiring this, very lovely :-)

    hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. So beautiful, Macarena! And so much work ... LOVE it!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Ooh, I love your beautiful little cork book!! Fabulous idea with the circles and love it in the sepia tones. Gorgeous!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. This is so beautiful, Macarena! You always put so much detail and texture in everything you create. Beautiful earth tones and design. Just gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Absolutely wonderful!
    Alison x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. This is such a gorgeous creation, Macarena. Love the beautiful details and vintage colors you created. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Perfect! So glad you got this book out and brought it to life-- literally! The flora peeking out is just perfect. This looks so natural. Very well done :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. What an amazing little book, Marzena! Love it so much! The combo of the earthtones with the black is so pretty! Love all the rub ons! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. your interpretion of this challenge is fantastic! love your little book , the earthtones colors are perfect! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. your interpretion of this challenge is fantastic! love your little book , the earthtones colors are perfect! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. amazing project Macarena...love how you used cork for the pages...love the earthy look of all the details and of course using my favourite favourite wildflowers...enjoy what's left of the weekend...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. What a gorgeous mini album packed full of such fabulous detail and I love how you've used the cork and the wildflowers die to create such impact ~ it's beautiful Macarena! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is an absolute work of ART! I am so impressed by how skillfully you used cork and I adore the images and flowers and how it all ties together so perfectly. This is stunning and I enjoyed seeing all the detail pictures!

    OdpowiedzUsuń