04.07.2016

Red White Blue - Simon Monday Challenge


 

Hi there! 
Since it's 4th of July, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to use

RED WHITE and/or BLUE

Red/White/Blue Color Challenge

 As always there is a $50 voucher to win and spend 
at Simon Says Stamp Store! Don't wait and join us ASAP.


I have to admit these are not my colors at all. 
I used them together only once in my life and this is my second try. 

I covered the tag with White Gesso randomly and unevenly.
After that I applied the gesso through the Mini Tiny Circles stencil. 
I wet the surface, put Red and Blue Ecoline letting it spread upright over the tag. When the colors seem to be too strong I apply my favorite smoothing Dylusions Paint White Linen. I love the effect it gives  when I feel I have exaggerated with colors. When the paint was still wet I sprinkled Black Embossing Powder randomly and melted it with a heat tool. I used Black Marble Dylusions Paint and the White Linen as well to make the ink splats. As a background element I chose the Ring Frame (thanks Sandra!) As a focal point I used the Indigo Blu Dinkie Poppy stamped softly with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and watercolored with the same color. After that to get the result even more soft, I applied White Linen Dylusions Paint over the flower as well. Finally I placed the Big Chat Stickers and embellished the flower with Clustered Leaves (thanks Sandra!) and some red sequins






  

19 komentarzy:

  1. I love how you used the poppy stamp, it looks stunning in the white against that gorgeous background you created...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I love how you used the poppy stamp, it looks stunning in the white against that gorgeous background you created...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Beautiful background on your tag, and that huge poppy in white is just stunning!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Gorgeous tag Macarena! The white poppy against the colourful background is absolutely stunning! I love everything about this! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Beautiful tag and great use of the colors. Love the pretty flower. Beautiful background you created.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Gorgeous piece, Marzena! Love the background very much! And the white elements really stands out against the darker background! So pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. you have rocked the challenge Macarena...love the vibrant colours against the softness of that beautiful poppy...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. you have rocked the challenge Macarena...love the vibrant colours against the softness of that beautiful poppy...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Stunning tag! Love the background!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. This is Beautiful!! Amazing background!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Love your fabulous creation, Macarena. The background colors are so beautiful. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Wow! I am amazed at how good you got red, white and blue to look! You've blended them with fantastic textures and those great bits of black. The result is so elegant and vibrant and I love the way you put the sentiment inside the center of the poppy. Your work is always such a joy to see and I love your attention to detail!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. This is so elegant and so beautiful, Macarena! The background is just amazing and I love the focal point of the white poppy...stunning! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Oh Macarena, your background is gorgeous and all the elements for your focal point are perfect! Just beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Oh Macarena, your background is gorgeous and all the elements for your focal point are perfect! Just beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. Your background is fantastic!And think these are not your colors!!!! Wonderful tag, love your use of this die! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. Your background is fantastic!And think these are not your colors!!!! Wonderful tag, love your use of this die! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. I guess I missed this last week!!! This is beautiful. You rocked these colors although they are not your normal palette, for sure. I am always awed by the details you tuck everywhere!

    OdpowiedzUsuń