20.11.2017

Tear It Up


Are you ready for the newest SSS Monday Challenge?



This week we want you to TEAR IT UP
so any distressed paper or fabric or whatever will be great!

As always you could be a $50 voucher winner and spend it
at the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


I made a retro Wedding/Anniversary card with flowers made out of
 a baby wipe which I used for my previous project (this one).
I saved it due to nice colors mixture it got. 
I knew I would use it soon for something 
and decided to make flowers with it :-)
There is a step-by-step picture guide of how I made them.
Maybe you shouldn't throw away them and try to re-use?




I took my Rose Creations dies and cut out flowers of different sizes.
I mixed Mod Podge with a bit of water and smeared my flowers 
to make them more rigid ad workable. Then I creased them 
hoping they will remember that irregular shapes and they did a bit. 
After that I gave them a touch of shimmer with Prime Sparks Paint, 
added stamens, glued and put away. 


This is a close-up of a ready flower, isn't it sweet?


For my background I used Abstract Triangles stamp 
and embossed it with White Fine Detail Embossing Powder. 
Then I spplied some Magenta and Black Currant Infusions.
It gave me the colors I wanted so I only calmed them down
a little bit civering the surface with Antique Linen Paint. 


The frame was cut from Postage Stamp Frame, embossed the same way and colored with browns Disstress Oxides. 
Made dark edges with Ground Espresso Distress ink. 
I teared up a piece of Crowded Attic paper and put inside the frame.


Finally added a couple of Paper Dolls, Film Strip Ribbon and other details. 



Products used: