22.01.2018

Tag It



Hello and welcome to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This week's theme is TAG IT which means we want you to use tags!


As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it in SSS Store!


This week I decided to try something new and different regarding to my background texture and I used a piece of lace which made a great structure. 
Just take a look below of the steps I took to get this final effect.


I cut my tag from a very thick cardboard, covered it with Mod Podge 
and placed a piece of lace from my stash, covered with Mod Podge again 
to be sure it's well adhered everywhere. 
Then i brushed it with a bit of white gesso because I wanted my colors 
to be really vibrant and wouldn't be possible on a kraft base.
As I am texture-addicted, I added randomly a bit of Crackle Paste. 


I decided to use my Ecoline Watercolors cause I haven't used them 
for a long time. They are really cool and have amazing vibrant colors. 
I moistured a bit my base and just let the Ecoline move by their own.
I mixed blues, greens and turquoise and finally added some violet. 


I was really amazed by the effect of the texture and colors.
But I covered all my base with a bit of white gesso with a dry brush.
Finally showcased the upper partw with Nuvo Mousse. 
Added the Ornate Frame by Sizzix covered with Black Raven Paint. 
You really need to try this out cause it's such a cool technique.