16.07.2018

Sparkle



Hi there again! 
Join us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge making

ADD A LITTLE SPARKLE


As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it


Since I am not a sparkle kind of crafter, this challenge was a tough one.
At the same time I really love the effect which Opal Magic paints give to different surfaces I work on, that's why I've chosen it for my sparkle detail.



I started with die cutting of the frame with a Sizzix Bigz 
which unfortunately is not available in the store but this could be 
any of the frames you have at home.

I cut it out from a very thick kraft cardboard 
which originally was a bottom cover of my watercolor paper block. 
I NEVER throw them away but store for future :-)

I covered it with very uneven layers of white gesso and modeling paste 
until I was happy with the surface I got. 
After the paste dried, I applied another layer of Nuvo Mousse 
and gave some touched of Ground Espresso paint. 
Then I matched the edges with the paint and covered the frame 
with Opal Magic Violet-Gold paint, uneven again. 


I cut the inside of my second frame with Stitched Rectangles
and started to give the color to my kraft piece.
I mainly smeared it with Ground Espresso paint 
and then touching with Opal Magic Violet-Gold paint.
I left this piece without any textured surfaces. It's plain. 

The inside of this frame is filled with the amazing Botanical 3D
embossing folder and a SSS Green Apple cardstock with touches
of Prima golden foil on the peaked details. 


Then I added some swirls from Tim Holtz Rubs, a paper dolls couple
and finally I placed a polish words meaning: Husband & Wife.
The chipboard also received an opal magic layer :-)
Is it shimmery enough?