14.01.2019

Recycling



We are RECYCLING this week 



As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it
at Simon Says Stamp Store. Just join us with your work!


There were so many ideas of items I could recycle and finally I decided
to use clothes labels and make a gift for my crafty friend: a notes + a card, 
very textured and mixed media. 
I hope she likes it...



I took several clothes' labels which I collect, especially the ones from solid 
cardboard cause they can work as a background themselves. 
I undid the notes taking off the covers and applied a thin layer of white gesso.I glued all the labels with gel medium and covered them again with gesso.


I applied random numbers through the stencil using the Nuvo Expanding mousse. I really love the texture it gets while heated. I put a bit of the mousse
on random places on the edges of the labels. FInally I sprayed heavily with
several brown mists, gave a touch of white spray, too. 
When the surface was dry, I started to place white gesso and waxes over it.
I wanted the surface much more washed-out so I placed several very thin layers of white gesso using my finger or dry brush. 
I added some touches of yellow and green oil pastels, too. 





Products used: