17.06.2019

Transport It


Hello crafters! Here we come with another 
and this week's theme is TRANSPORT IT.


As always you can be a random winner of $50 voucher
and spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store!


Since any of the transportation stash didn't convice me enough
I decided to build up my own transport, lol. 
I thought rather about a car but I guess it recalls more a buggy :-)
Whatever, I like it and I'm quite proud of it!


Just take a look at the steps I made to do the car/buggy:
I took castings made out of a resin and covered them with black gesso.
The second layer was the metallique black berry paint 
and the third - brass hardwawe paint. After all the layers dried
I covered the peaked parts with white paint by dry brush technique.
I added some waxes to give more depth, too.


The background was made on a canvas panel with two stencils and 
modeling paste with some touches of crackle paste. I sprayed the surface
with distress oxide sprays and then used vibrant dark paints to accent 
some parts of my canvas. I made splashes of the paint randomly. 
I assemblied my transport and glued it down with gel medium.
I applied black paint through a stencil to make speckles.
I stamped my sentiment on a tissue paper and glued it with gel medium. 
Then I highlighted some parts around the car with a black pencil and 
make a black frame by painting the edges of the canvas with black paint.










Products used: