28.08.2017

Stay Curious



Is that the last Monday of August? 
First, second, the last, whatever, we are always here for you 


Since the summer holiday is almost over and for part of you or your kids 
there is a new School Year just around the corner, this week we have a 

SCHOOL/STUDY theme!

As always you could be a random winner of $50 voucher 
and spend it at the awesome Simon Says Stamp Store! 


My adventure with different schools is over (well, you never know...) 
but my son is still in the secondary school and I always tell him 
that it's so important to try to learn something new everyday, to search, 
to discover, to stay curious. I think it's essential for our self-development. 
And that is precisely my art journal pages for today. 
To cherish curiosity, to think, to analyse, to discover new things. 


Here are the steps I made to create this pages' background:


I covered my blank pages with a thin layer of white gesso 
cause I really love the way the inks blend on the gessoed surface. 
This time I didn't add any texture which was difficult to resist, lol! 
As I worked directly on the original pages, it was difficult to operate with them and moisture with inks, so I took a piece of acetate and melted the Distress Oxides on it and then just touched my pages with the acetate. 
I did it several times with different colors making several layers of them. 
I wanted the background to be colorful so I used a lot of different colors. 


When I was satisfied with the background, I took two heavycardstock pieces and die-cut random letters from the Alphanumeric Marquee thinlits die. 
Since my background was colorful I made the second layer in black.
I used Black Soot Oxide which is amazing with a kind of chalkboard look.  
And this is exactly what I wanted to get, a chalkboard with letters/numbers.
That was so easy to make! I only rounded the corners in the end. 

I started to compose the pages using Paper Dolls and Botanicals.
I loved the wooden Ruler pieces that I added to the pages. 
There are arrow line stamped with You + Me SSS stamp set and some 
Wildflowers and Garden Greens and some Moonshine sequins. 

Just take a look at some close-ups (there are many!) 








Products used:



 

13 komentarzy:

  1. This journal spread is STUNNING!!!! I love everything about it and I think that the 'letters&numbers' background is just brilliant!!! Awesome...Huge hugs my dear friend...Simona

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Gorgeous journal pages Macarena! I love the background! I was wondering how you made the letters, I did think it was stencilled but love that you die cut card, brilliant idea!! the layering and all of the details are fabulous :-)

    You are a great Mum and you are giving your son the best advice!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Oh my gosh, Macarena, I love this! All the layers and your backgrounds are amazing. Lovely use of Tim's ephemera, too. So pretty!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Beautiful project. Just love all the flowers. I love how you did your background. So colorful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. WOWZERS!!! These pages are amazing, Macarena! I can't believe how many layers and details you have added into this, but they all fit so beautifully!! Love how you made your own background "stencils"! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. These pages are fantastic Macarena!! I love all the details, layers and textures. You used those ephemera pieces ins such a great way.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. STunning project! I adore your idea to use alphated dies to create your background! fantastic! I think I'll try this! Thanks for your inspiration! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. A really stunning project Marzena! This is just wonderful and has so much amazing detail packed into the pages...there isn't one thing that I don't love about this, amazing work my friend! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. lost for words my talented friend...so amazing...beautiful...a work of art...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Your art journal pages are awesome, Macarena. Love those beautiful flower embellishments. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. I am pretty much in LOVE with this project! I sat here with my mouth wide open in awe as I took in all the details. The way you used the alphabet to make the background is nothing short of genius. I like how you kept parts of this grey with the beautiful colors peeking through. So many things to admire here and I always walk away from your blog feeling very inspired!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. These pages are amazing, Marzena! This is one of my favorite projects of yours! It's so full with details and elements, and so pretty! Love the botanical pieces, the butterflies are so lovely! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń