13.11.2017

Stitch Up



IT'S A STITCH UP 
over  SSS Monday Challenge this week. 


As always there is a $50 voucher waiting for one random winner 
who could spend it in the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


It's been a time since I haven't made any Art Journal pages. 
I almost forgot how much I like to make them so it's time to change that.
Here is my purple - turquiose simple art journal pages.



Here below you'll find some steps showing how I made it. Just take a look. 


I took some of the rectangle pieces from Idea-ology Botanical 
that I haven't any ideas of how and where to use them. 
I decided to build the background with them although I guess 
Tim wouldn't be happy about that but we won't tell him anything, right? 

I covered all the surface with Prima Sparks Raven Black Paint 
and then applied modeling paste on the edges, white gesso in the center 
and a crackle paste randomly around the pages. 


Then was a time to play with colors. I chose two very strong 
Prima Metallique Acrylic Paints: Light Pink Blush and Dark Velvet. 
I calmed them down with white gesso using a dry brush technique 
and added some Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass Distress Paints. 
Then I brought the rectangles' edges with Distress Crayon Black Soot and stamped some BoBunny and Prima stamps on them. 
Finally I stitched a piece of cardstock and cut out the Dragonfly by Sizzix, colored with Distress Oxides ans Prima Waxes and placed in the center. 
The circles were made with TCW stencil and Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink. 








Products used:




15 komentarzy:

  1. Formidable this page of art journal, I like it so much!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I had no idea how you made your background until I saw your pictures... very cool journey! I have to say, I think you are the texture queen-- you achieve cool textures on all of your projects, but you arrive at them in different ways... always impresses me! Happy Monday!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Fabulous journal page Macarena! I love how you used the rectangles to add texture, the colours and whole design of this is very artsy and awesome! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. This is gorgeous, Macarena! I love your backgrounds and the amazing texture you are always able to achieve. The colors are stunning and seeing the process makes it even more amazing. It's fabulous!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Really cool pages, Macarena! Personally, I love how you found a use for something you had on hand, and it creates a wonderful mosaic. Your textures are the most awesome!!! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. AWESOME journal pages, thanks for showing your process in creating it!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. WOW! Such gorgeous colors and I love that you showed some step by step photos along with some zoom in shots to just show that amazing texture!! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I love how you've created your background, which is absolutely stunning and I LOVE this project, Marzena...it's amazing and has so much depth and texture! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. wow Macarena, this is stunning, I love how you used the Botanical Layers to create such depth, my lips are sealed, your secret is safe with me and the addition of the negative butterfly finishes it off beautifully...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Wow! What an incredible way to add texture! I'm always impressed at your original ideas. I also like how you went with a gorgeous Spring color palette and did something different and unique. Truly lovely!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Love love love the gorgeous colors and texture on this piece, Macarena. Such a fabulous creation! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. I am impressed, this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. These pages are amazing, Marzena! Love them, and what a great idea to use those ephemera pieces in the back, gives it so much more texture. The crackle is so pretty! Makes me thinking to get the crackle paint out too (mine dried out, so I need to get me a new one ASAP!!!). Stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń