20.05.2019

Cover



Hello everyone hoping you'll join us with the new 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where we want us to use
STENCILS



As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it at 


I made a journal cover with a lot of dimension and texture.
As my mould obsession is in a full bloom, this kind of projects is 
what make me the happiest lately. I used some stencils too so please 
take a look at the steps I took to get this final result. 


Some time ago I started to make the cover using the Tim Holtz tissue paper and coloring it with watercolors. I placed the paper and lost the idea of what to do next so I put it away for some months and finally could use them now.
Unfortunately the tissue paper is not visible on the cover anymore but it is inside and on the back cover, lol. 


The sections where there was no tissue paper I put the Prima 
Swirly Florals stencil, covered it with Nuvo Expanding mousse 
and heated up until it got the texture I wanted. 
On the colored parts I used Old School Alpha stencil with Black Jet ink.
Then I colored the stenciled section with various Distress Oxide Sprays. 
Finally I covered the peaked parts with green Nuvo Mousse.


The amazing Prima Re-design moulds were made out of resin.
I covered them with black gesso and when they dried I painted them with 
Prima Emerald Wax. Glued them to my cover with Heavy Gel Medium 
and colored with more wax colors. To brighten the moulds a bit I used 
Nuvo Mother of pearls mousse. 
The Sizzix Tattered Butterflies were covered with white gesso first.
Then I put a modeling paste through Prima Caravans stencil
and applied SSS White Embossing Powder making the pattern 
resist the Distress Oxide sprays. 





Products used: