14.11.2016

Chocolate-gold Thanks




Oh yeah, it's Monday and time for a new SSS Monday Challenge!
This week is all about 

THANKS/THANKSGIVING

You can win a $50 voucher as every week and spend it at SSS Store!


Since there's no holiday like Thanksgiving here in Poland, 
I have made a Thank You card because we could be always grateful.  
I have been playing lately a lot with Magnolias For Her stamp set which I just adore and this time I decided to watercolored them in a vintage way. 
They are awesome in every color and I will be using them more and more!


Having my Magnolias in a neutral, soft beige/browns, I needed the background to be very strong and contrasting. I decided to make it chocolate brown and I really love it. Isn't it yummy? :P


I started as always with a thick layer of gesso making the texture by touching the surface for a while with another cardstock. I love the way the gesso react.
I use it a lot and I really love this simple technique. 
Then I applied Distres Paints: Antique Linen and Ground Epresso. 
After that I applied Infusions and sprayed the whole surface with 
Distress Spray Stain Ground Espresso (I just love this brown!) 
When it was still wet, I applied Embossing Powder randomly and heated. 
After that I smeared the Opal Magic Acrylic Paints to give a golden touch. 


The magnolia flowers were stamped with Evening Gray Crisp Ink, watercolored with Distress Inks, cut out with scissors and placed with 3D foam. 



       
 

Products used:



Thank you for stopping by!