14.11.2016

Chocolate-gold Thanks




Oh yeah, it's Monday and time for a new SSS Monday Challenge!
This week is all about 

THANKS/THANKSGIVING

You can win a $50 voucher as every week and spend it at SSS Store!


Since there's no holiday like Thanksgiving here in Poland, 
I have made a Thank You card because we could be always grateful.  
I have been playing lately a lot with Magnolias For Her stamp set which I just adore and this time I decided to watercolored them in a vintage way. 
They are awesome in every color and I will be using them more and more!


Having my Magnolias in a neutral, soft beige/browns, I needed the background to be very strong and contrasting. I decided to make it chocolate brown and I really love it. Isn't it yummy? :P


I started as always with a thick layer of gesso making the texture by touching the surface for a while with another cardstock. I love the way the gesso react.
I use it a lot and I really love this simple technique. 
Then I applied Distres Paints: Antique Linen and Ground Epresso. 
After that I applied Infusions and sprayed the whole surface with 
Distress Spray Stain Ground Espresso (I just love this brown!) 
When it was still wet, I applied Embossing Powder randomly and heated. 
After that I smeared the Opal Magic Acrylic Paints to give a golden touch. 


The magnolia flowers were stamped with Evening Gray Crisp Ink, watercolored with Distress Inks, cut out with scissors and placed with 3D foam. 



       
 

Products used:



Thank you for stopping by!

16 komentarzy:

  1. This is positively STUNNING! I am so ready to try this!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Absolutely gorgeous creation Marzena, I am going to have to give this card kissing technique a try (don't know if that is the correct technical term but it sounds good ;-)) the flowers against the dark chocolate background are beautiful :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. This is gorgeous! I love your flowers against the dark background. It really makes their beauty stand out. So pretty!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. The flowers you've assembled are just divine and your choice for a strong, contrasting background--brilliant!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Oh that texture in the background is sublime! LOVE the deep warm tones too, and the contrast with the white flower is fabulous!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Jest piękna! Tło podoba mi się bardzo!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. This is totally stunning! LOVE how you popped up the flower to make it super dimensional and life-like! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Flower is AMAZING and the texture you've added to your background is fabulous! love the crackle effect over the word and the contrast of colors you've created is stunning! great project! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. stunning card Macarena...the magnolia flowers are so beautiful...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Wow! Chocolate and gold! I don't think it could get any better than that! And as always, you are the queen of textures! I am amazed at how you can transform ordinary materials into such elegant pieces of art!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. This is so pretty! I LOVE the brown-gold combo. It looks so wonderful and the textures are gorgeous as always.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This is beautiful Marzena...wonderful, rich colours and that gorgeous display of flowers is just divine! I adore it... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. Your chocolate gold background is gorgeous! Love the texture too. And....those flowers are magnificent! Love love how you watercolor the flowers and group them!! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Wow... this is such a gorgeous project, Macarena. The background and the flower you created are fabulous. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Oh wow, Marzena! This is amazing! Love the rich background, it looks like metal for sure! The flowers are so fun and bright, fabulous contract against the dark background! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń