15.10.2018

Stars



Hello there! Here comes another Monday and our brand new challenge:
STARRY NIGHT which means we'd love you to show us stars. 


Don't forget you could be a random winner of $50 voucher 
and spend it at the Simon Says Stamp Store


I made a very colorful and 3D card full of stars.
Folding the stars is not my hobby but it's really worth the effort. 
Just take a look at some steps I took to make this card:


First I cover my base of watercolor paper with the crackle opaque paste 
through one of ma favorite stencil - SSS Extra Large Dots.
I heat dried it just because I'm not a patient crafter at all, lol. 
Whatever, the result is cool enough and the crackles are perfect. 
Then I covered the base with blue metallique  paint and 
added some touches of blue distress inks. 
Finally I highlighted the dots with my absolutely fave old silver wax.

The stars were cut from a watercolor paper and colored with distress oxides.
Then I splashed them with water to get an uneven color surface.
After folding them I placed some 3D dots in the center of each 
and glued them to the base leaving them a bit movable. 

The moon was cut from a bigz die, covered with sand paste, 
then with silver modeling paste, black paint and old silver wax. 
Isn't the texture fabulous? This is how I imagine the moon surface :-)






Products used: