11.06.2018

Grow up



Hi there again! 
Join us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge making

ANYTHING BUT A CARD


As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it


This was quite challenging since I make mostly cards 
but very refreshing as well to kick myself out of my comfort zone 
and make a canvas which took me ages to try again. 


I started with applying modeling paste through the Gusts stencil, 
which I really like and I saw that after heating the pattern until it bubbles, 
the pattern looks a bit like an octopus' tentacles... right? 
Or am I the only one seeing that, lol? 



After the tentacles were dried, I started to play with colors. 
First I mixed Distress Antique Linen paint with water and covered the surface randomly, the same with Nuvo Mousses. 
Then some touched of Groung Espresso and Shabby Shutters.
(After, I sprayed the whole background with Ground Espresso and when it dired I covered it with a thin layer of white gesso and nuvo pearl mousse)

When the background was ready, I focused on the main element.
That was the only part I had some idea of what I wanted, 
all the rest was just an improvisation, as always :-)


 I cut out the butterfly and added some holes with Mixed Media die. 
After that, I embossed the butterfly and paint with Nuvo Mousse Spring Green
That was a good base for further coloring with Infusions, Spray and metalic paint. Finally I applied Dylusion Lime spray to add vibrancy. 
I cut the same butterfly out of a corrugated cardboard and colored it.
Glued with gel medium and creased after that.