24.10.2016

Autumn



Here we come again with a new SSS Monday Challenge!

This week is AUTUMN theme!


As always you have a chance to win a $50 voucher and shop at SSS Store!


Here are my Autumn journal pages. I like this time of the year mostly because of its colors. The trees are awesome this time with the rainbow of shades. Some of them I tried to capture in my art journal. 
I hope you like them. 


Here below are some steps I've made to get this background effect:


I really love the effect given by applying a layer of gesso on each page and close them for a moment. After separating them there is such a fabulous texture left. I use it a lot in my projects and I love how the sprays, inks, powders spread on the texture. After the gesso was dry I sprayed the pages with Creme Brulee Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray, this is a cream color with a beautiful golden shine. For this background I used only one Infusions Powder: Golden Sands. It's amazing how many shades they contain!  


I stamped randomly a Memory Box Valley Berries stamp with Archival Black Jet Ink. Used Distress Crayons to emphasize the texture and make a darker frame around the pages. 


Then I sprayed a watercolor paper with yellow, green, orange and brown and melted together receiving a great autumn shades of colors. I cut the Prima Leaves dies and tried to take off the elements only partially leaving some of them inside. I adhered them with 3D foam.


Finally I colored with the same sprays my sentiment from Friendship Words Script die (thanks, Sandra!) and touched with Distress Crayons. 







   


12 komentarzy:

  1. Piękna, zmysłowa jesień u Ciebie na blogu zawitała <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Gorgeous art journalling Macarena, the colours and whole design of these pages are stunning! very beautiful :-) ❤️

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Stunning!!! Macarena, your pages are so beautiful! Love the texture flows across the page - almost like a river. Colors are so rich!! I also really like how you didn't take every piece out of those leaves - it makes it most interesting. Brilliant piece!! hugs, maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. I'm swooning over the texture on your project, Macarena! It's amazing and the colors are gorgeous! Beautiful as always!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Stunning pages, WOW!! The colors, texture, design... it's all good! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Pięknie wymediowana jesień :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Wow! This is so beautiful! I especially love how you did the background and made the colors blend into each other. It has such a great watery look and reminded me of a gorgeous Autumn rainstorm!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I adore this background and this technique with gesso! fabulous! The colors are so rich, great project! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. gorgeous art journal page Macarena...the background is amazing and those leaves are gorgeous...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Love, love, LOVE how you created that wonderful textured background ~ it's stunning and the colours are just so rich and so beautiful! A really gorgeous art journal page, Marzena, it's fabulous! <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Your journal pages are gorgeous, Macarena. Love the beautiful colors and patterns you created on the background. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń