10.10.2016

Explore the World


Are you ready for a brand new SSS Monday Challenge?


It's a little bit about summer memories cause the theme is

EXPLORE THE WORLD

and the summer is the most popular time for travelling, right?
I'm sure you can interpretate this theme in a milion ways so join us!

As always you can be a lucky winner of $50 and spend it at SSS Store!


Here is my canvas. I have to admit I really like the result. 
I am not too much at gold and even don't like golden jewellery but since I bought the double shaded Opal Magic Acrylic Paints, I use them a lot as for me! Well this is exactly what  love in crafting - discovering myself :-)


First I cover the canvas with the Clear Gesso and applied some Texture Paste through the Prima Grungy Grid stencil. Then I colored the background with Distress Inks, Stains and Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays. I decided to ude blue, green and yellow for my background. I spritzed it with Ground Espresso Distress Spray. Stamped randomly some text over the entire surface with Jet Black Ink and applied sentiments from diferent Rubons by Tim Holtz Idea-ology and apllied some Crackled Paste on the edges and finished with adhering a twine. 


Now for the main element of my canvas: one of my favorite dies a Globe by Sizzix! I cut it out from a solid cardboard, covered with Gesso, add some Rubons text, touched with Distress Crayons, covered with Crackle Paste and smeared with Opal Magic Violet-Gold Acrylic Paint. The same was made with the Townscape die, except the crackle medium.  






Supplies:




    

18 komentarzy:

  1. Love love love the Globe die and your take on this challenge...very inspiring! Thanks&Hugs.
    Simona

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Gorgeous canvas Macarena, the details are fabulous and I love the gold globe and houses around the world, the whole design is stunning and very clever :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Wow... this is such a stunning project, Macarena. I love the beautiful background texture and colors you created. The globe and houses are such a brilliant design! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Fantazja!!! bardzo mi się podoba :)))

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Wow, I can't stop looking at all the fabulous texture, Macarena! This is magnificent! Love the colors and design.

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. this is so wonderful Macarena - love how you incorporated the Townscape die onto the Globe. Really, really well done!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. STUNNING project! The metallic touches.... the texture... all brilliant :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I am just in love with this and all that gorgeous texture! Great design and inspired use of the townscape die! Thanks for the warm welcome as guest designer this month. Nikki xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. I love this piece. Great texture and stunning colors.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. I think I say this every single week, but this is one of my favorite pieces that you've made! I love how clever you were to put the houses around the globe. I also really liked how you created texture on your background and how you stamped text over the textured parts. And what a talent for color-blending you have! This is amazing!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. I love what you did with the globe, painting it with metallics and adding those houses around it is a cool idea. The texture and dimension is what brings your piece alive.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Fantastic piece, I LOVE it Macarena! Your textures are wonderful, and the metallics are my fave! Love how you have the houses around the globe, and your saying is so, so true! I really really admire how you created this piece! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. stunning project Macarena...I love how you added the houses around the globe and oh boy those shimmering metallics are so gorgeous...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Whoa, your texture is wonderful! This project is really cool with the building around the world-- reminds me of our blog community. :) I love the way you write-- I can definitely tell you love creativity and the discoveries you make... it's inspiring to read.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Another stunning project, Marzena ~ this is wonderful and I always admire your colour choices, they are just beautiful! I absolutely LOVE this... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. Cudowny projekt. Tyle się dzieje na tej karcie i uwielbiam grę kolorów, jaką daje fioletowo-złota farba akrylowa. Całosć jest po prostu obłędnie piękna.
    Pozdro,
    BozenA

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. Amazing project Macarena! I love so much your ability to create textures! Fabulous! I adore the little houses around the world! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. This is amazing, Marzena! It's my new favorite of yours! The gold touches are fabulous! It's so pretty! Love it very much! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń