31.10.2016

Thinking of you...




It's Monday and a brand new SSS Monday Challenge titled:

THINKING OF YOU

As always you can win a $50 voucher to spend at SSS Store:


I took this challenge quite personally just because I am thinking a lot those days about me as a little girl, my chaildhood, how I was when I was a child, what I miss, what I got and what I lost. It's quite sentimental journey but I try not to forget about this little girl inside of me which is still there. 
Thinking of You is for me thinking of this girl I used to be. 


The base of my project is a wooden palette I grabbed in a store for nothing.
I have more of them so be aware, there will be more projects based on it :-)
I wanted to keep it monochrome purple or turquoise which finally won 
because I miss the summer and it reminds me the most. 
Here below are pics I was taking during the process to show how I made it:


I love the Spellbinders Rose Creation die set to make my flowers. 
I made them out of a solid cardstock in a beige/grey color so I needed to cover them with White Gesso to can give them the color I liked. 
The petals were treated with gesso randomly because I wanted them 
to be uneven after coloring. I sprayed them with two Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays: Shabby Turbine Teal and Sassy Sapphire. 
They're shimmering and beautiful. 


While my flowers were drying I took the palette and cover it with the same White Gesso and with Distress Paint: Picket Fence, Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass. I love this combination of colors which gives such a soft effect.
Fianally I applied the Texture Paste through the TCW Mini Paint Lids Stencil. 


I sprayed the middle of the palette with Dyslusions Vibrant Turquoise Spray 
and when it was dry I applied some Picket Fence Distress Spray 
just to soften the basic color. 


The frame was cut out from a solid cardstock 3 times and sticked together. 
I applied the Distress Paints: Antique Linen, Picket Fence 
and a bit of Ground Espresso. 

That's it! I adhered the frame with a picture and all the flowers. Voila ;-)


I love the uneven sufrace of the petals and how differently they soak up the color.


Aren't great the wooden marks from beneath the gesso and paints?




  

Supplies: 




17 komentarzy:

  1. Stunning creation Macarena, a lovely trip down memory lane :-) the whole design of this is so pretty!
    LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. This is gorgeous, Macarena!! I love the beautiful blue palette, gorgeous flowers and sweet image. Amazing!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. This is stunning Macarena, love the colours you've used and those flower are just perfection! I will have to keep an eye out for paint palettes like you because I adore this! Thank you for the awesome inspiration x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Ależ mi dołożyłaś, Marzenko; jak pomyślę, że całkiem nie tak dawno, choć było to w zeszłym roku, wyrzuciłam zafajdane palety, to mnie cosik przez kości przechodzi. Wrrrrr...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Absolutely beautiful colors and flowers and I love how it's shaped like an artist's palette :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. This is beautiful and though I usually try to formulate my own comments, I accidentally read the comment above, and I was like, "Exactly!" So you are an artist, this piece is about you and yourself and your childhood, and the experience of reflecting from the person you are now back to your childhood on a palette make it perfect.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Wow... love your stunning creation, Macarena. The colors scheme and the flowers are gorgeous. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. A fabulous idea and beautifully created xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Wow, this is so beautiful! What a brilliant idea to use the flowers on the painting palette, they look like as compartments! Fabulous colours!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Oh my goodness! This is so beautiful, Marzena! I love how you used the palette as your base, and with the flowers and photos, you have created such a gorgeous piece!! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. You are such a genius when it comes to paper! Wow! Those flowers are stunning and I love the way you added so much detail to the background. Your inspiration for this piece was such a great idea and I liked thinking back to my own childhood and my artistic journey. Your artwork always evokes emotion and I love that about what you do!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. this is one stunning project Macarena...what a beautiful tribute to your childhood...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. An absolutely stunning project, Marzena...the colour palette is just beautiful and I just adore those flowers, they are amazing and look so real! I LOVE it... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Absolutely fabulous! This project strikes my haert! Color is my favourite and I adore the vintage look you give it with this image at the center! Fantastic! Barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Gorgeous project, Marzena! Love this aqua color so much! and what a fabulous idea to alter that paint pallet! Hugs, Sandra

    OdpowiedzUsuń