8.05.2017

A Frame Up



If it's Monday it's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge time
and this week it calls  A FRAME UP


Remember that every week we can be a random winner 
of $50 voucher and spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store 
which has absolutely everything! 


I have some pretty frame dies at my craft room, chipboard frames,
frame stamps and so on but I decided to make my own frame 
out of die-cutting leftovers I never throw away due to this kind of days 
when I have some crazy creative ideas. 


Here below you will find some pics of how I made my frame:


I took some leftovers after the Townscape and Postage Stamp die-cutting 
and since I love Sizzix heavy duty dies cause they can cut in very heavy cardboards, my pieces were perfectly thick to give dimension and texture.
I placed them on a cardstock with Gel Medium, covered with gesso and
gave a layer of Grit Paste to get more texture on the edges.


I colored the edges softly with Prima Oil Pastel (blue) 
and started to play with two Infusions: In The Navy and Royal Blood. 
When the color was pretty saturated, I covered it with a very thin 
layer of gesso applying it with a dry brush.I love this technique on a textured surfaces cause it highlights every uneven detail perfectly.
Finally I smeared Nuvo Pure Platinum Mousse to give brillance and gloss. 







Products used: