15.05.2017

Home Sweet Home


Are you ready for the new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge?


This week's theme is HOME SWEET HOME
I suggest to take a closer look at our DT creations to get inspired and see how pretty projects were prepared by the girls from the Team.

If you join us you could be a wenner of $50 voucher and then spread your shopping wings at the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store!


Here I come with a canvas quite monochrome. 
I was inspired by the theme in a bit different way just because 
Spring is the season of house renovations, changes in decorations 
or even starting to biuld new houses. 
My project is all about that and to be honest, 
I couldn't resist to use the Pipelines die :-)


Here below you can see all the steps of making my canvas:


First I placed the pipelines the way I'd like to have them at the end. 
Since there are so many parts, I took a picture before taking them away. 
This way I didn't forget the pipeline construction. 


Then I placed Distress Oxides on my mat and sprayed woth water.
I put severeal times my canvas on the inks making the background.


To give a little more texture I applied DOX Faded Jeans 
through the Grid Stencil by Simon Says Stamp.


I put away the canvas and started to give texture to my pipes. 
I used a thick layer of gesso with kissing technique which I love and use a lot. 


When my gessoed parts were dry, I applied grey and black Distress Inks 
with my finger just to cover only the peaked parts of my texture. 
Finally I smeared Nuvo Mousse to give the shinny effect. 


All the stopcocks and turncocks were covered with Metallique Dark Velvet Paint.


Finally I stamped some Airline Ticket stamp with DOX Faded Jeans 
and placed all the pipes with Gel Medium. Then I tied my canvas with a soft jeans ribbon I bought time ago and just placed the sentiment.

Here below you can take a look at some close-ups. 






Products used: